When a company or organisation thinks about purchasing a removable warehouse or industrial tent, the first question they usually have is how much it is going to cost.
And, of course, if the price-performance ratio is going to be as expected. That is why it is so important to know the different models offered on the market, their pros, cons and production costs, as well as all the accessories and complements that may be necessary to meet the customer’s expectations. But, above all, the main thing is to have a realistic, detailed and complete budget, which will allow you to make the right decision.
In order to calculate the cost of erecting a removable warehouse or an industrial tent, it is advisable to be clear about a few things. It is impossible to make an accurate calculation without certain details. If you are going to ask for an estimate and you are not asked for these details, you should not trust either the professionalism of the company or the veracity of the estimate.
- Specify your needs.
- Acquire information about your location.
- Seek advice.
- Get a clear and realistic budget.
Specify your needs: what it will be used for and how it will be used.
The basic information that you should provide a company that sells and rents industrial tents and removable warehouses is everything concerning your activity and the needs that you need to cover, as well as how long you need to cover them for.
It is not the same to have a warehouse to store cereal, to manufacture cars, to set up a laboratory or a fairground. It is necessary to know the purpose of the space in order to know what specific regulations the construction must comply with, what type of enclosures are the most suitable, what qualities are the most interesting for your project and if you need specific aesthetic finishes.
Likewise, knowing the size and, above all, the duration of your project will help to determine the size and height of the building, as well as the type of removable structure you need, whether in aluminium or steel.
Of course, if you already have an idea in mind of what you want, in terms of qualities, dimensions and design, then make it concrete before drawing up the estimate so that it can be as close and realistic as possible.
And remember that the more specific the request, the more detailed the quotation you will receive.
Acquire information about your location.
This is the information that you should know first-hand to get an idea of the challenges of your project. Even so, it is a type of information that companies like Vall can access if you have already chosen a location:
- To know the qualification of the land on which you want to locate the warehouse or industrial tent.
- What permits and municipal licenses you need to apply for each type of building and their approximate cost.
- If it is possible to access the basic water, electricity and sewerage supplies or the cost of the connections.
- What are the conditions of the land on which it will be located. With a geotechnical study and soil study.
There is a type of relevant information that would be good to know beforehand. Although it is not essential because, in the end, the best way to find out is from the experts who will guide you.
When choosing these experts, the most important thing to take into account is their experience in the sector, the certificates they have and the positive reviews of their clients.
The information they have to offer you is, above all, about the types of tents and warehouses that are available on the market, as well as the advantages and limitations of each of them. A good advisor will not make the decision for you, but they will conveniently narrow down the options that suit you best and discard those that are not suitable for your project.
Get a clear and realistic budget.
Each company follows a different methodology and presents its budget in a different way. At Vall we can’t tell you exactly what you will find in the quotes you get from other companies. We can tell you that, when someone asks us for a quote for removable warehouses or industrial tents, we like to be precise and go into detail. This way the client knows exactly what they are getting and has the ability to choose or change the list of requests, knowing the detailed cost of the work.
To this end, our quotes for a removable warehouse include:
- Product or material offered and level of execution.
- Detailed dimensions; height, width, distance between pillars…
- Characteristics and resistance of the structure. Well described and detailed, so that there is no room for doubt.
- Roof, perimeter enclosure and triangles. Materials, qualities and properties.
- Type of foundation or anchoring to the ground, depending on the properties of the terrain. If the ground needs specific treatment, this is also explained in the estimate.
- Accesses included. Fire exits, doors, windows, loading bays, shop windows…
- Complements such as rainwater collection system, ventilation system or if it includes electric lighting.
- Other relevant data for its assembly, such as whether the building is going to be joined to another existing building with a specific system or installation.
- Details of what is not included in the budget. As important as it is to know the direct costs, it is also important to know those other expenses or necessary works that are not included in the budget, as they do not refer to the building itself. For example, permits and licenses, if necessary. Transparency when quoting the cost of removable warehouses is key to the trust between the company and its client.
- Payment terms and delivery times.
- Validity time of the quotation. Whenever a quotation is made, the most economical price possible is always sought, depending on the specific market conditions. However, the market is changeable. The price of materials goes up and down depending on availability. And companies can also cut back on production if they have a low demand and, therefore, a higher availability to execute the work. That is why the quotation has a specific validity date. If the quotation is not signed within that period, it should be recalculated for approval.
Budgets are usually free of compromise. Ours certainly are. You can ask for an estimate and decline it at no cost. So, if you are considering getting a removable warehouse or installing an industrial tent for your project or business, contact us. We will take into account your needs and make the detailed and realistic quote you need to make the most beneficial and appropriate decision for your company.